1. Create a Weekly NewsletterIt may feel like a big commitment at first, but by having a weekly newsletter it ensures that you stay at the top of subscribers minds and maintain a connection. I suggest sending out an email once a week on a designated day, but no more than that to avoid seeming spammy. It's important that these newsletters provide value to your subscribers in someway, whether that's new information for them, products, inspiration, humour - whatever it is that you can do to keep people engaged. Remember to keep things light, and avoid hard selling or being salesy.
2. Offer FreebiesIt's no secret that everyone loves free! Capture emails by creating opt-ins in exchange for free content such as digital products, guides, workbooks or cheat sheets, just make sure once again it offers true value to your subscribers. You can then promote these freebies on various outlets, such as Pinterest.
3. Be an EducatorPerhaps the most value you can offer subscribers is education. Is there something you can teach others? Whether it's quick tips, video tutorials, downloads, audio books, podcasts, whatever it is that you feel you would thrive with. Don't be afraid to experiment!
4. Collaborate with OthersDo you have others in your industry or related industries that you look up to, are friends with (whether in person or digitally) or would love to work with? Approach others to see if they would like to collaborate with you so that you can both reach more people together.
5. Social Media SharingAn easy way to spread the news about your newsletter is through your social media outlets. You can start by creating an exclusive facebook group, sharing about it in your instagram stories and bio link, and by creating pins that lead to email captures. Get creative!
6. Popups... don't worry, you don't have to be afraid of popups! Yes, popups can be super annoying, but not if they're done in the right way. Again, you need an incentive in order for people to be excited about them and respond. You can offer a discount, exclusive information, freebies - use your imagination! Some of our mini tips for popups are:
a. Don't "pop up" right away, wait at least 2 minutes
b. Offer value and exclusive content to capture emails
c. Change it up once in a while
d. Have a professional and "non spammy" design
There you have it, our 6 Easy Tips to Boost Your Email List. We'd love to hear from you on