1. A Clear Vision and PlanFirst off, you really really need to nail down the complete vision for your business, what it is that you want to offer and just how you are going to do it. A concise business plan may seem overwhelming, but it really will set you up for success and give you clear goals to work towards.
“A goal without a plan is just a wish.”
2. Organised SpaceHaving a designated and organsied work space so that you can feel ready to face the day, stress free and just that much more creative shouldn't be overlooked. By having your things together, it can really make you feel like ... well.. that you have yourself together!
“From the moment you start tidying, you will be compelled to reset your life. As a result, your life will start to change." - Marie Kondo
3. The Ability to Fail, and Keep GoingHey, we know we're not perfect, and the sooner we accept that as entrepreneurs we won't be either, the better. Failure is going to happen, but it's about how we bounce back from it and learn from it that truly matters.
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
4. A Superb Support SystemThat said, things are bound to get rough at some point and that's when a great support system can be so useful and encouraging. From a group of small business friends, a mentor or even social media groups it's important to have other people who can be there for you.
"You can do anything as long as you have the passion, the drive, the focus, and the support."
5. The Desire to Keep LearningThe moment we stop learning is the moment we stop growing and the moment we fail to elevate our success. It's important we are continually educating ourselves in all aspects, from business, to marketing to latest trends and so much more. Ensure you are always pushing yourself to learn something new.
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
6. Self BeliefIt's essential that you have self-belief and equal belief in your business in order to succeed. If you don't believe in the success of your business it will be a lot harder for other people to - it all begins with you!
“Believe in yourself. You are braver than you think, more talented than you know, and capable of more than you imagine.”
There's a common saying in the "business" world that all you need in order to succeed is to have 1,000 true fans. Now, 1,000 can seem like a daunting task, however, it's more important that you focus more on the definition of what a true fan is opposed to the amount. A true fan is your ideal client, someone who loves what you do and will sing your praises to anyone they meet - these people are immensely valuable to you and it's important you foster fantastic relationships with them.
7. 1,000 True Fans
There you have it, 7 Things Small Business Entrepreneurs Need to Succeed. We'd love to hear from you on