1. Create a New Project
Firstly, you must create a new blank project by doing the following
File > New
The canvas size, or background colour does not matter, just ensure your working in a 300 PI and 8 bit project.
2. Draw Your DesignTo draw your own design select the paintbrush and begin. It can be difficult to draw a smooth design drawing with a touch pad or mouse, however if you have a Wacom tablet you'd be surprised at the beautiful brush strokes you can create. I quickly threw this smiley face together with a mouse, but I am sure you can do much better.
3. Select Your DesignIf you have a graphic design already created and would like to transform it into a brush preset, use the selection tool (paintbrush with dotted lines) and simply select your design. This can also work for anything you can select, such as trees, flowers or clouds.
For example, when you select objects from your own images, such as this flower, it can create a beautifully detailed brush.
4. Type Your DesignIf you would like text as a brush preset, simply use the text tool and type with any font you wish to use.
5. Define Brush PresetOnce you have drawn, selected or typed your design it is time to create your preset. Simply do the following:
Edit > Define Brush Preset
6. Name and Save your Preset
7. Find Your PresetVoila! You can now enjoy your brand spanking new brush preset. Simply click the paintbrush tool, and you'll find it as your latest brush.
It's a simple as that to create your own fab photoshop brush presets. We would love to see what you create so make sure you share with us on Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest Happy creating!